Last night I attempted a poke experiment
Ill be poking from the phish show tonight. Holler if u want some :)— Michael S Galpert (@msg) December 29, 2012
& sent out a message to 40 ppl on poke asking ppl if they wanted to get updates of the Phish concert.
- 7 ppl opted into it
- 3 ppl responded with their own pokes but didn’t respond to my question
- 1 person said they didn’t care for phish
- 1 person unsubscribed mid concert
- 1 responded they wanted to get updates but it was already after the show was over
Take away notes:
- Friends commentary is a nice layer to events
- Short bursts of other ppls lives can be fun but will be overwhelming if everyone does it all the time.
- Intimacy of sharing with friends only vs the world is great
- the limitation on video size makes it much easier to upload and share.
- Opt in for live events will be fun as Google Glass and other always on devices become common place over the next 3 years
- Found out that poke has a limitation of 40 ppl