My friend and colleague Amit Gupta is fighting off leukemia and the twittersphere is lighting up with expressions of support.
But the support he really needs is for you to get a Q-tip, stick it in your cheek and mail it back. The process is free and you can sign up right here.
The extraordinary thing about marketing is that a million people might see something or hear something or be sold something and only a thousand will actually take action. Even if it’s free.
When you look at the long odds on marrow donation, it feels like a bit of a sweepstakes, but backwards. It’s easy to fix if we just get everyone (regardless of ethnicity) to register.
How about if we gamify it? Here’s the deal: if you are a match for Amit and the marrow donation happens, I’ll profile you or the project of your choice on the blog and send you a check for $10,000 for you or the charity of your choice. Winner take all, no purchase necessary, void where prohibited… (Even if you don’t win, if you swab we all win).
If I can be so bold as to suggest a hashtag: #IswabbedforAmit
I dont have the same following as Seth Godin but I will definitely match his offer.
if you are a match for Amit and the marrow donation happens, I’ll profile you or the project of your choice on the blog and send you a check for $10,000 for you or the charity of your choice. Winner take all, no purchase necessary, void where prohibited…
I too was unaware of the statute and plan to distribute the money the same way Seth will. I’m hopeful that raising awareness of the unfortunate situation that Amit and others like him encourages people to take 5 minutes to join the bone marrow registry.
With that said:
You win the prize if you’re the first certified match, but donating is completely up to you. It takes a year for records to be released, but I’m good for it. If this still doesn’t pass muster, the prize goes to charity. And of course, this is an offer from me, not endorsed by any agency or organization, etc.]
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hypnotherapy-training reblogged this from msg
- thesunlightpaintsusgold likes this
- abangupjob likes this
- dennisdemori reblogged this from jayparkinsonmd
- petermag reblogged this from cranquis and added:
- organizingthesoup likes this
- gary likes this
- myfantasiesandfetishes reblogged this from kinkemt
- heyamberrae likes this
- reactivepupils reblogged this from cranquis
- superamit likes this
- hipsterdiet likes this
- oberholtzer likes this
- photoaday likes this
- noraleah reblogged this from jayparkinsonmd and added:
- david-noel likes this
- tresmeses likes this
- daveloire likes this
- kinkemt reblogged this from cranquis and added:
- thegongshow likes this
- confessions-of-a-redhead likes this
- shmeder likes this
- aaroque95 reblogged this from cranquis
- ladyofthehouse likes this
- gbattle said: i support this message.
- gbattle likes this
- derekpcollins likes this
- justother reblogged this from cranquis and added:
- heartinakiln likes this
- funkandwag reblogged this from cranquis
- and-she-was-a-child likes this
- latenighttaskforce likes this
- sosungalittleclodofclay reblogged this from cranquis
- muchadoaboutannie reblogged this from cranquis
- cranquis reblogged this from thuc and added:
- rroobbiinn likes this
- nuzz reblogged this from msg
- nuzz likes this
- kellybergin likes this
- soccerkarate likes this
- hellonurse likes this
- schlomo reblogged this from msg
- smalltimegenius likes this
- kratlee likes this
- essays likes this
- davesnothere likes this
- eclektic likes this
- ronenreblogs reblogged this from wintercheck and added: